Fruit Juice Smoothies – “THE KICKSTARTER”Magalies Citrus
by Elmien Lerm
A smoothie is a delicious, thick and creamy beverage made from pureed raw fruit, vegetables, and sometimes dairy or fruit juice products, typically using a blender. It has several great benefits for balanced diets and healthy, active lifestyles:
- Aids in digestion
- Balances hormonal functioning
- Boosts brain power
- Controls cravings
- Controls mood swings
- Curbs sleep disorders
- Detoxifies the body
- Enhances immunity
- Fights depression
- Helps to lose weight
- Improves bone health
- Improves skin
- It’s a source of antioxidants
- Makes you feel full
- Prevents heart disorders
- Prevents hydration
- Reduces chances of cancer, and many more!
Our third magnificent Magalies Fruit Juice Smoothie we would like to introduce to you, is called the “KICKSTARTER”! For those who struggle to get into first gear first thing in the morning… wink-wink!
Ingredients for a 350ml serving:
- 1/2 cup Magalies 100% Apple juice diluted with clean, drinkable water (diluted to suggested mix ratio)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek-style yogurt or any yogurt of your choice
- 1 banana, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon Magalies 100% Fruit & Vitamins 1+4 concentrate
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Mixed seeds (optional)
- Honey (optional)
- Mix the oats and apple juice together and let it settle in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, place all the ingredients in a blender and mix together until smooth.
- Add more fruit juice to decrease the thickness.
- Garnish with the seeds, nuts and an apple slice or berries.
Bon appetite, but beware the kick…!