Vol. 3: Pork chops with Apple JuiceMagalies Citrus
By Elmien Lerm
This delicious “back-to-basics” dish can be attempted by even the most amateur of ‘chefs’! Decorate your plate with a crisp green salad, some roast or stir fried veggies, or a plain and simple potato bake. Combine this dish with a lavish dry white wine, and you’ll have your guests, local as well as foreign, begging for ‘seconds’!
- 4 medium thick (15 mm) pork chops
- Salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 apple thinly sliced
- 1 cup diluted 100% Magalies Apple juice – dilute with clean, drinkable water according to the given mixing ratio.
- 2 gloves finely chopped garlic
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper and dust with flour.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the chops and cook on one side until golden brown. Turn the chops over.
- Stir in the onion, apple, apple juice and garlic.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and cook for 7 minutes or until the pork chops are no longer pink in the centre.
- Dish up with a side of your choice.