HAIR BEAUTY BENEFITS OF APPLEMagalies Citrus
by Dr. Marli Botha
Apples, when consumed daily, has the potential to prevent hair loss, thanks to the presence of soluble fibre, phenolic compounds in apple skin, antioxidants, and vitamins. The antioxidants in apples help to increase blood circulation to the scalp, thus encouraging hair growth…
When using foodstuffs on your hair and skin, always do a patch test for possible allergies before using any product or tip. Results may vary from person to person and it depends on your skin type and health condition.
Try out this ‘el natural’ hair mask that claims to promote hair growth and provides lustre to your locks:
- Use an apple and mash it or turn it into a paste
- Simply blend it with its peel to maintain those extra trapped antioxidants
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of your normal conditioner to this apple paste
- Mix it well and apply to your hair
- Rinse properly after 2-3 hours
With a decline in the use of traditional shampoo, and an increase in more natural products, there are a few alternative options to keep your scalp and hair clean while promoting healthy, strong locks.
One of those is the clarifying rinse, which can be used to cleanse both your scalp and hair (but not necessarily softening and conditioning it):
- Use 2 cups of apple juice (preferably Magalies 100% for ultimate results…wink-wink!)
- Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, a fresh cup of chamomile tea, and a few drops of tea tree oil
- Let the apple juice marinate on your scalp for about 15 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water for the best results.
Have fun trying out these beauty tips! And stay safe and healthy!