Mulled apple juice – “THE EL FUEGO DE MANZANA” (The Apple-Fire)”Magalies Citrus
by Elmien Lerm
Mulled cider, also called apple cider, is traditionally an unpasteurized and unfiltered non-alcoholic drink made from apples. This Mulled Apple Juice is the perfect drink to warm up with, when you get back from a hard day’s work, or when you want something a bit fancy to have in front of the fireplace, or heater!
“THE “EL FUEGO DE MANZANA” (The Apple-Fire)”
– 5 cups Magalies 100% Apple Juice 1+5 diluted with clean, drinkable water
– 1/2 orange (thinly sliced with seeds removed)
– 2 sticks of cinnamon (add more for serving if desired)
– 2 star anise (add more for serving if desired)
– 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– Sugar or honey to taste
– 1/2 lemon (thinly sliced and seeds removed)
– Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to boil.
– Reduce heat to a simmer; continue cooking for 10 minutes.
– Strain and serve in warm mugs.
– Garnish with lemon slices and individual cinnamon sticks if you desire.
Simply divine, Salud!