Beauty benefits of CranberriesMagalies Citrus
by Dr. Marli Botha
Cranberries are considered to be a super food due to all its healthy nutrients that are beneficial for our health. People enjoy eating cranberries in their raw form, also in the form of jam, sauce and juice. Apart from these health benefits, cranberries are quite beneficial for our skin and hair too. Here are some amazing ways to use cranberries for our skin and hair.
- For centuries, cranberries have been valued for the medicinal, antioxidant properties and anti-aging benefits. Due to high concentrations of antioxidants such as vitamin C, B and B-5, cranberries have the amazing capabilities to protect your skin especially against harsh winter conditions.
- If you are suffering from acne, then cranberries are perfect for you. Cranberries have anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties that help to treat ache and blemishes. By applying cranberry juice topically, the rich amount of vitamin C and antioxidants can help scars and marks to fade away.
- Cranberries are rich in vitamin C that helps in boosting our collagen production that is known to improve the elasticity of the skin. Since our bodies have lost the ability to produce Vitamin C millions of years ago, dietary and topical Vitamin C is our only source of this essential nutrient. Collagen production helps to carry the oxygen and nutrients to the skin that makes our skin soft, glowing and firm.
- Cranberries also contain natural acids that help prevent the clogging of pores.
How to use:
Take some cranberry juice and mix it with plain yogurt. Massage it into your skin for a few minutes. Wash it with cold water. Follow this routine regularly to get a youthful glow.
- Cranberries contain antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help in preventing scalp irritation.
- Also, take note that Cranberry juice can be used as a natural hair color. Use cranberry juice to have a natural red hue to your tresses and the best part is that it does not have any side effects
How to use:
Take some cranberry juice and mix it with egg white. Apply the mixture on your scalp and make sure you cover the tips of the hair as well. Massage your scalp with it for 2 minutes. Wait for 5 minutes and wash it off with cold water. For better result follow this remedy twice a week.