Salmon with granadilla sauce – mouthwatering stuff!Magalies Citrus
By Elmien Lerm
Time to step up your culinary skills – Master Chef here we come! This is a classic and simple, yet very eloquent dish – definitely one to impress your date with, or the hungry in-laws coming over for a Sunday lunch! Complement the salmon fillet with fragrant rice, succulent stir-fried veggies or a fresh salad. Add a glass of cold-crisp Sauvignon Blanc and your taste buds (and the in-laws!) will thank you and praise your cooking skills repeatedly afterwards – a meal fit for royalty!
(Makes 3 portions of Salmon)
- 80 – 100 ml 100% Magalies Granadilla Juice Concentrate – diluted with clean, drinkable water according to the given mixing ratio
- ½ teaspoon butter
- 3 shallots, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 3 x 200 g salmon fillets
- ½ tablespoon Magalies Granadilla Fruit Juice Concentrate
- ½ tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add butter to a frying pan and sauté the shallots till fragrant.
- Add the wine, granadilla juice and honey, and simmer on medium heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt, pepper, granadilla concentrate.
- Coat with some the cornflour.
- Set aside for about 1 minute.
- Heat a pan with the olive oil and butter, then pan-fry the Salmon, skin-side down first, for about 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Remove the fillet from the pan and arrange on a plate together with the side dish.
- Drizzle some of the granadilla sauce over the fillet and serve extra sauce on the side.